Sign up for Alive Orientation
Welcome, new Coug!
We can’t wait to meet you.
Before you register for Alive, make sure you’ve accepted your offer of admission and paid the $200 advance tuition deposit. If you haven’t yet, you can do so via your myWSU account. If you have any questions about your admission status, please call 1-888-GO-TO-WSU (1-888-468-6978).
Be sure to read the rest of this page. You’ll want to know these things before you register.
- All new students are charged a $250 matriculation fee, which can be charged to your student account and paid along with tuition.
- The Alive program costs $140 per guest. For summer programs, June and July, lodging is available for an additional $55.
Sign up for placement exams
All new WSU students are required to take the writing placement and math placement exams, unless they have received qualifying college-level credit. Students in the Honors College do not need to take the writing placement exam.
Signup and more information:
Transfer Sessions 4 & 9 are only open to students who are admitted to WSU as Transfer students.
- Hawaii Program: June 6, 2020 (Registration CLOSED)
- Session 1: Tuesday, June 9-Thursday, June 11 (FULL)
- Session 2: Saturday, June 13-Monday, June 15 (FULL)
- Session 3: Wednesday, June 17-Friday, June 19 (FULL)
- Session 4: Sunday, June 21-Monday, June 22 (FULL, Transfer Students Only)
- Session 5: Wednesday, June 24-Friday, June 26 (FULL)
- California Program: June 28, 2020 (Full)
- California Program: June 29, 2020 (Registration CLOSED)
- Session 6: Monday, July 6-Wednesday, July 8 (FULL)
- Session 7: Saturday, July 11-Monday, July 13 (FULL)
- Session 8: Wednesday, July 15-Friday, July 17 (FULL)
- Session 9 : Sunday, July 19-Monday, July 20 (Transfer Students Only)
- Session 10: Tuesday, July 21-Thursday, July 23 (FULL)
- Session 11: Saturday, July 25-Monday, July 27
International students can attend any program that matches their admission status as freshman or transfer.
If you experience any difficulties with registering, please call our office at 509-335-4242 or e-mail email@example.com. When you contact our office, please have your WSU ID number available.
Alive Orientation Summer 2020
Do you have questions about what Alive Orientation looks like this summer? We’ve put together a page outlining our plan for an online summer Alive.
Alive Chromebook & WiFi Hotspot Device Loan Programs!
If you are in need of a laptop to use for Alive and/or other programming through the summer, WSU can loan you a new Acer Chromebook loaded with all of the software you will need, at no cost to you. The computer will be due for return by August 1, 2020, or you are welcome to purchase the computer at the University’s cost of $300.
We will be shipping the computer to your address. When you receive the computer, you will also receive information explaining the program in greater detail – what you can and cannot do with the computer, how to get technical help or have your questions answered, and what to do when you are ready to return the machine.
Register for the computer loan program here: https://provost.wsu.edu/posts/computer-loan-program/.
If you are in need of a WiFi hotspot device to use for Alive and/or other programming through the summer, WSU can loan you a hotspot device with service through August, at no cost to you. The device will be due for return by September 1, 2020.
We will be shipping the device to your address. Our service provider, Sprint, can offer troubleshooting assistance and basic setup questions can be answered by reaching out to the Crimson Service Desk.
Register for the hotspot device loan program here: https://provost.wsu.edu/posts/wifi-access-interest/.
For questions regarding the computer or the WiFi hotspot loan program, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.